Welcome to Europe
2020 has been difficult and it isn’t very clear whether we’ll soon be able to travel again – and how.
Therefore, please keep these essentials in mind while you browse through the site:
- Groups are small: a maximum of 6 guests in one group
- Arrangements can be easily adapted to your preferences and short-tern changes
- All required health precautions are taken
- I only share my favourite destinations
- Each experienced has been personally reviewed
What Savoir-Voyager is All About
During my visits in the chosen regions, I have opened doors and met experts in their field: they produce wine, collect white truffles, catch fresh lobster, grill wild eel, refine selected cheeses, farm oysters, or who produce the real Aceto Balsamico.
Or they simply show us their home town with its cafés, markets, and historic sights.
The concept is to let you savour authentic flavours and dishes, learn about their origins, and put them into their geographic & historic context.
For Whom is this the Right Type of Holiday ?
My tours are tailor-made for groups between 2 and 6 participants, and are ideal for people who are curious about food, tastes, and the place they come from.
Typically, my guests are a family or a group of friends who want to:
– just get away for a short break or a long weekend and (re)discover authentic products, flavours and preparations
– prepare their further onward travel in Europe or extend their stay by a few days
Le Langhe lies in Piedmont and is known for it’s red wines and white truffles found here in autumn.
Imperial Turin awaits with two world class museums, great shopping and truly grand architecture.
A day in France to explore the culinary delights of ‘La Dombes’ and ‘La Bresse’.
Plus of a classified French national sight: the 16th century
Royal Monastery of Brou.
Zeeland is a Dutch province and surprises with its quaint towns and local lobsters and oysters.
We also visit residential The Hague and its Mauritshuis, and Belgium’s Bruges and Ghent on the mainland.
A day’s tour around Lake Geneva offering Alpine landscapes and the vineyards of the Lavaux.
Savour Swiss fondue for lunch, and visit Charlie Chaplin’s home in Vevey, now turned into a museum.