Savoir-Voyager lets you Discover a Different Europe
During my many visits to different regions of Europe, I’ve opened doors and met many passionate experts in their professional field who I would like you to meet in person:
They produce wine, collect white truffles, catch fresh lobster, grill wild eel, refine selected cheeses, farm oysters. One of them produces the real Aceto Balsamico.
Others simply show us their home town with its cafés, markets, and historic sights.
The concept is to let you savour authentic flavours and dishes, learn about their origins, and put them into their geographic & historic context.
Travelling in 2023 / 24
The last two years have been difficult but slowly, we’re able to travel again.
Still, it may be comforting for you to know that:
- All required health precautions are being taken
- Groups are small: a maximum of 6 guests in one group
- Arrangements can be easily adapted to your preferences and short-tern changes
- I only share my personal favourite destinations
- Each experience has been personally reviewed
- Tours are offered in 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 🇮🇹 🇱🇺 🏳️🌈
For Whom is this the Right Type of Holiday ?
My tours are tailor-made for groups between 2 and 6 participants, and are ideal for people who are curious about food, tastes, and the place they come from.
Typically, my guests are a family or a group of friends who want to:
– just get away for a short break or a long weekend and (re)discover authentic products, flavours and preparations
– prepare their further onward travel in Europe or extend their stay by a few days
Why travel with Matthias?
There are 5 good reasons why to choose a journey with Matthias – have a look at them and some testimonials of people who’ve travelled with me in the past.
Le Langhe lies in Piedmont and is known for it’s red wines and white truffles found here in autumn.
Imperial Turin awaits with two world class museums, great shopping and truly grand architecture.
A day in France to explore the culinary delights of ‘La Dombes’ and ‘La Bresse’.
Plus of a classified French national sight: the 16th century
Royal Monastery of Brou.
Zeeland is a Dutch province and surprises with its quaint towns and local lobsters and oysters.
We also visit residential The Hague and its Mauritshuis, and Belgium’s Bruges and Ghent on the mainland.
A day trip around Lake Geneva offering Alpine landscapes and the vineyards of the Lavaux.
Savour Swiss fondue for lunch, and visit Charlie Chaplin’s home in Vevey, now turned into a museum.